Friday, January 2

When You Wish Upon A Star

Have you ever experienced a dream so real, when you awake you think it might have really happened? My subconcious worked overtime last night.

There is a man whose path I have crossed and Ive come to know over the years. It would not be fair to say I know him well, as weve barely scratched the surface. I challenge myself to explore the possibility it is the mysteriousness that keeps my interest.

But in fact, I find my attraction is simply that when we connect, I learn something about him, and with each thing I learn, I like him more. I know I can trust him, he has been there in my time of need. He makes a bold statement with just a few words, and has no time for pettiness.

It is too true after each conversation I learn something about myself and I like what I learn. Quite simply, I like the person I am when I talk with him or am with him.

There is so much to be said, but I often have trouble finding the words...even in type. So today, I share what I am able to articulate. My appreciation for this gentleman in my life, no matter the distance between us.

The dream was passionate. His body scent, the feel of his skin, his hands at my decolletage, his whispering in my ear...and the conversation after. The passion motivating enough to want to spend some time, pay attention to the details and make a fuss.

There are at least two theories that exist in companionship:
One theory, you must become your best self before you committ to love.
Another theory, you find your best self by committing to love.

I do hope, that I am always searching for my best self.

5 comments:

Rumpole said...

Lets think about this. If you apply theory one- just when will you be your best self? Age 20, 30, 40, 50?

I like to think that the process of life and growing and aging is that we get better. We learn more. We make mistakes and then learn from them. If so, then exactly when could you ever be ready for love?

I suggest that love like many things, is an experience from which you learn. You are a different person the second time you fall in love than you were the first time you fell in love.

Don't wait for your best. Live life now. And love now.

And by the way, while I'm all for economy in tough times, be gentle on yourself and go to Sushi Rock when you want to. Life's too short to scrimp on the good stuff.

Audrey said...

Rump...you give good advice.
No-quibbles-or-evasions answers to questions.
Id bet you are fantastic in bed.
Im as sure of that bet, as you of your team picks.

Rumpole said...

Nothing like getting right to the point. No beating around the...err...ummm...Bush for you, huh?

Just the big and hard facts. No teasing, no long, slow, comments stroking an ego. Just wham bam, for you huh?

Audrey said...

Well Good Morning Rump...what a comment to start my day.

Is there any subtlty that I can pass by you? Your humor and wit intrigue me.

To answer your question yes, at times.

You know those quick fix urges. Something seductive like a random phone call, a mad dash to a corporate office, and gitty up lets play cowgirl. "This is fun" kind of random encounters.

But most times, Id prefer my Romeo. It depends how I am inspired. The latter is what I desire most and fantasize about.

And for the record, a womans motivation to stroke a mans ego is partially driven by how she is treated.

I, for instance, like to be reminded of the woman I am and can become through verbal communication.

Its not to be mistaken as an interpretation that a man is responsbible but rather a reminder that a true gentleman caller leads his lady.

Bottom line: The best investment in matters of the heart is time.

Rumpole said...

I am a great believer in having an active fantasy life. Beware however, that no man will ever meet your fantasy. For instance, men may fantasize about a Jessica Simpson or J-Lo, or whomever, who gives them great sex, is a fabulous cook, wants them to go out with their friends 5 days a week, and is an heiress. The fact is that no man will find that woman. I have met too many men and women who never committed to a relationship because their potential suitors did not live up to the fantasy they had. It's a delicate balance between not compromising and not expecting the impossible.

Yours is the great quest of human kind in the 21st century. Finding the right person to share your life with. Trust yourself, trust your instincts, and don't be afraid to take a chance now and then.