Saturday, January 17

How About A Little Pasta?

You know that great feeling you get when you lazily prep a meal and it turns out to be absolutely fantastic! I just prepared a meal like that.

I love Saturdays. I sleep in, get up whenever I feel like it, usually after spending a few more minutes in bed just as I think its time to get up...because I can. I also drink coffee all morning and into the late afternoon and then prepare myself a late lunch / early dinner.

I like the feeling of letting my appetite build until I can stand it anymore. The great thing about this, is that you normally dont have to think about what you feel like eating, because you get hungry enough that you know exactly what you want. And I knew I wanted PASTA!

So I started by heating some eeoo, tossed in some chopped shallots and garlic. I let the onions get a little more than translucent and the garlic just a titch brown. I know this means its a bit overcooked, but I think the flavor is more abundant when the onion and garlic is seared a little. Then I tossed in a fresh diced plum tomato and a heap of chopped fresh spinach. Let that cook for about 3 minutes, and added a dash of chicken stock to give it a little flavor and to release the flavor stuck to the pan. This little bit of broth also allowed the spinach to wilt nicely. Then I tossed in some whole wheat spaghetti pasta, added some fresh basil and a shake, ok, two shakes of Parmesan cheese and VOILA!

Grabbed my pasta tongs and filled a deep white bowl with that yumminess and chowed.

Not pretentious, took only about 20 minutes to prepare and tasted so fresh!

Ill have to keep this one jotted down for those days I need something, quick, fresh and tasty.

Next time, I will add some prosciutto.

No comments: