Saturday, January 24

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

My four year old niece, is the single greatest blessing in my life. Today, L and I spent the day together. L and I are like peanut butter and jelly (grape). Her innocence and the thought of knowing how easily she is impressed upon, challenge me to be my best self. I love her, in all possible ways, and am grateful that I am able to be a part of her life and she a part of mine. We had the best day today...and while I was with her, unknowingly, I took mental note of all the things that just made my heart sing! While driving home, I went through the days events with and wanted to share them...and blog about them so I could remember them.


L gets scared when she wakes up - so Ill lay on the bed with her and take a nap with her so that when she wakes up - Im there. That cute little groggy face when she wakes up, looking so distress and then the look a calm that overcomes her when she knows shes not alone. I love that feeling of safety that I give her.

L is proud when she poops, and wants you to see what a good job she did.

L and I like to hang her hanging princess castle from the ceiling. We grab all the knitted blankets we can find, a few dollies, two flashlights, a dollhouse and a boat load of polly pockets are we are good for at least two hours. If you add a few juice boxes and a ziplock of fish crackers, forget about it...

L and I can play without any toys...we share each others wild imagination

L and I make horsies from brooms

L is convinced that sugar is a part of the food pyramid - it turns out bread is actually a protein

L likes to wear her jammies all day long - because they are long, like a princy dress and the nightgown has a picture of all the disney princesses including Snow White, Belle, Beauty Shop, Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Jasmine, Ariel, Aurora, and Mulan

When L wakes up, she smells like sleep. Its her natural scent and one Ill always remember. L is all girl.

L has some pretty bad ass dance moves, including a 70's disco point and hip move that is like no other

L kisses by grabbing your face with her two hands, squeezing your cheeks together so your lips squish and then making fish lips with her lips and smack dab, pow right on the kisser!

L's favorite blanky is the one with the really stinky corner...the one shes gotten all stinky by sucking on - dont you DARE try to wash this blanky

L likes to play beauty shop after her baths

L does not like to put her hair up in a pony or a braid - she likes it down and kind of tucked behind her ears

L furrows her brow and squishes her nose when she is overly worried about her little brother - or when she acts like a big girl and shares her toys with him - either one of those things is painful to her but she knows she is a big girl now

1 comment:

Cocaine Princess said...

Audrey you are a brilliant and loving aunt. Your niece is very lucky to have someone who loves and adores her as much as you do.