Monday, February 23

Wild Wild West

As I hope someday soon to be closer to warmer weather, Ill have to say that I always imagined Miami as my final destination. After being dragged to a Professional Bull Riding (PBR) show this weekend, the West maybe something to consider.

There are many types of sports out there. Some sports require a lot of physical aptitude and a little mental fortitude. Some require a lot of both.
When it comes to PBR, I think it is quite fair to say that aside from having steel nuts, it really only requires physical strength.

The fact that PBR may not require a lot of mental discipline does not deter me from the like of the sport. I find this surprising as I consider myself to be driven more mentally than physically. I was pleasantly surprised how much humor and excitement I felt from a misbehaving bull or rider who is likely to get a horn up his ass if he failed to spring to his feet quickly.

Maybe it is the simplicity of the sport in a complicated world? Maybe it was the smell of dirt? It was not the smell of shit, I could have passed on that. Then, as I sipped on my Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer, an appropriate and selective (ugh) ode to a sport whose initials are PBR, it dawned on me. I love a man in uniform and in this case…leather chaps. Wear them on a horse, on a Harley…whatev, its pretty hot.

Now truth be told I am a baseball fan. Football is not my thing; aside from the Superbowl and a well matched challenger for my home team (which unfortunately had no matched challengers this past season). The warm weather, night games, a beautiful landscape and ages old style uniforms are tied to a nostalgia, its personal origination unknown.

I do also like boxing.

I am not sure what it is about a man in a uniform. Perhaps it’s the attire that represents his passion, his calling, his duty. Whatever the reason I find when a man wears his uniform with pride and works to perform at his best, it’s an enjoyable scene.

Gitty Up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey, I'm digging your new music selection on here! I love it.

Cocaine Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cocaine Princess said...

Vodka, midnight truffles and bull riding, it sounds to me you had a superb time in Arkansas.

Don't worry you'll make it to Miami!

South Florida Lawyers said...

Hey, we have bullriding and rodeos in South Florida!

Well, Davie.