Thursday, February 26

This, That and A Little Bit More

Its Thursday and technically is a Tuesday for me. I came down with the flu this week and took two full days off from work. I am dehydrated beyond comprehension, but glad to be on my feet and finally feeling back to my old self. And work, oh god, I can't even go there. I'm so behind I will for sure be there all day Saturday.

It never ceases to fail. Put me on an airplane, and I am bound to get sick. I think I bring it on myself. Each person coughing, sniffling, wiping their nose with their bare hand, using the restroom too quick to have being able to wash their hands. I watch people do these things, or not do these things, too closely, and I swear this obsessing about cleanliness makes me sick.

When I travel, I always take Airborne, hand sanitizer and wash my hands constantly, and no matter what, I get sick. Must be that infected air just circulating through the plane. This is why I believe any final destination must be a place where it is at least 80 degrees during the day. Basking in the sun is a perfect way to ward off a cold or flu.

Which brings me to a thought I had the other day. I'll preface this comment by claiming its a significant thought, keeping in mind I am naturally blonde, and all though I can hold my own, I certainly have my moments. This thought came to me as a "Oh my god, that's it!" until I shared it with my mom and she was like, "Yeah, that's what a lot of people think".

Anywise, I figured out that its not the cold that bothers me as much as the snow. Rain, I love. But snow, I mean, after the first fall, its filthy and messy. In the winter, each pair of slacks needs to be taken to the dry cleaners each time you wear them, because the salt and snow soot gets on EVERYTHING. Add to this the fact that I love to wear black and it makes stepping out of the car more a single swift intentional movement that requires careful calculation of the distance of the pant leg to the car door. Snow is filthy. I also can't stand the fact that its near impossible to get outside. Sure, I see those MILF's out jogging in their full up winter gear, keeping it real even in the winter, but oh god girl, do you know what that is doing to your skin. Alternative, the gym...but its like so unbelievably packed. My only alternative, P90x - love you Tony.

So, that's my significant thought for the day. Snow totally sucks. It can snow for Christmas, and for New Year's that's cool... when the pretty little crystals fall upon the landscape during times of nostalgia. But after Jan 1 - Adios! After Feb 1 - Get the hell out of here. After Apr 1 - Fuck you.

I've got a long weekend in late April planned for Naples. Most definitely a trip to Miami, Marco, maybe even the Keys. All I know, is that I again will be escaping this hellish weather - well not exactly hell - more like hell frozen over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I am actually allergic to Airborne. LOL. Nothing else on this earth, but Airborne, yes!

But you're right; an airplane is a germ infested travel method unfortunately. The air re-circulates and in addition to being stale, is dirty.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick. That sucks. And I feel your frustration - you do everything you can to stay healthy, but you still get sick!

Feel better girl!

Audrey said...

For real! Mental note to self, dont offer strangers Airborne in case they are allergic. When I ride on the plane I offer that shiznit up like its cold hard cash. Next time I fly, Ill bring you Vitamin C drops so you dont feel left out.

Thanks for your well wishes CC.

Im still convinced the only remedy is warm weather.

Cocaine Princess said...

It’s no fun being sick. You feel icky and you feel achy so I hope you’ll be back to your healthy self soon.I too think warm weather is a good remedy. I always carry with me a little bottle of Purell.

I dislike snow. Anything involving snow I dislike. It's nothing but a headache and an eye sore and I
know all too well about the filthy snow. We’ve past that stage and now we’re in the ‘it’s raining and it’s cold and the grass is mucky stage.’

Audrey I like your song selection, it’s so perfect for a Friday. The video has a carnival-like vibe to it.

South Florida Lawyers said...

Yes, sorry about being sick, that's no fun -- especially when it's cold and snowy out.

Not to rub it in, but it's sunny and in the early 70s here in South Florida, and I played two hours of tennis last night in picture-perfect conditions.

But don't ask me in September....