Friday, June 5

A Weekend For Relaxation

Well what began as, I don't know if he wants to see me again, has turned into a flurry of plans as we both admitted to each other that we were really looking forward to seeing each other again. I have a bit of a smile on today and I have a sneaking suspicion it will be hard to take off.

It started off as him asking me to attend an event with him in late June. He told me about the event and not only did it sound like a lot of fun, but it gives us the opportunity to spend some time together...what better way to get to know someone? I was flattered that he asked and told him,

"I would absolutely love to go. It sounds like it will be fun and I would like to see you again."

His response was adorable, "I was hoping you would come."

To then I which replied, "Are you going to make me wait until June 20th to see you again?" I couldn't believe I said it, but...I thought Id take a leap of faith anyhow.

His response, "What are your plans this weekend?"

I smiled and giggled and could feel my shoulders shrug as a little girl in excitement. There is something about his voice that I like. Its a bit boyish, but strong. And when he is not sure of something...or maybe feels a bit out of his comfort zone, the tone changes to anticipation...maybe even hope. Its as if he is making a statement while asking for affirmation at the same time.

I told him, "I do not know if you remember me telling you this when you called me from Vegas (let's just say he was a little intoxicated), but I really like the sound of your voice."

He said, "I do remember you telling me that. Thank you." in his softer voice.

To which then he payed me a compliment, but one that I will keep to myself out of protection from a friend of his who reads my blog (YUPIE!). I know you will try to embarrass the living hell out of him! I've got a practical joke to play on him of another means.

The compliment was sweet...really, really sweet.

The rest of the conversation included us exchanging schedules for the next 2-3 weeks and working to figure out how we might be able to squeeze in time with each other. It will be tough, especially this weekend, but I think its safe to say we are both looking forward to it.

Friday is here my fellow bloggers, and it has been a long but great week indeed! My weekend plans include lots of time outside (hiking / jogging / in line skating) and a birthday celebration with my family and a few friends.

Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy the time with those whom you spend it with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big hug,
Audrey

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This? Is awesome.

I'm glad you put yourself out there! Sometimes you just have to. I mean, I cornered your brother in a bar and essentially forced him to ask me out. Some guys just need a little nudge. ;-)

The Constant Complainer said...

I hope your weekend played out as planned.

It's Sunday night and I'm just having the chance to read this.

I felt like we got a lot done. House is clean, grass is cut and some painting is done. LOL. But now I'm drained!

Cocaine Princess said...

Happy Birthday Audrey!!!!!

When you blow out your candles may whatever you wish for, come true this year for you.

Eat lots of cake!!