Thursday, May 21

Your Bed




For those of us who sleep alone, we have a choice.
For those of us who sleep with a loved one, we have an arrangement.

Fetal - (curled into a ball) / Tough on the outside, soft on the inside
Soldier - (on back, arms at side) / Quiet individual with high standards
Starfish - (on back, arms leg stretched out) / Good listener doesn’t like attention
Freefall - (on belly, arms extended out) / Rough exterior, nervous, sensitive to criticism
Log - (on your side, arms at side) / Social and easy going
Yearner - (on your side, arms extended) / Suspicious and cynical

I normally sleep in the fetal position. My upper body is in the fetal position but my legs are extended. I also sleep in my bed solo and rather than sleeping in the middle of the bed, I sleep on the right side of the bed closest to the window. Occasionally, if I am having a restless night, I find comfort is laying diagonally across the bed. Almost always, I wake up in the middle of the night and remove any clothing. But I can’t fall asleep naked. I need to fall asleep with clothing on, and then wake up in the middle of the night and remove the clothing. Its comparable to the cool side of the pillow...for your body.

What position do you sleep in? Do you have any weird sleeping habits?

1 comment:

Cocaine Princess said...

I sleep right in the middle of the bed on my side, it's the only place I'm comfy. And I need lots of pillows.

Hmm weird habits let's see.. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a weird habit but I can't sleep unless the closet is shut tight and the hallway light is peering underneath the doorway.