Monday, April 27

Refreshed and Renewed

After a month of time off from my blog, I returned refreshed and renewed. Having just returned from a fabulous vacation in sunny Naples, Florida, I prepare to return to work tomorrow, with a better understanding of myself and the path I am going to take.

What I enjoy most about having time off is that you get to think about nothing but everything except work, and if you are lucky, you learn something about yourself.

What I learned about myself this past week is that I do not present to people the person who I think I am. Does this happen to you? Where you have moments, instances, perhaps even full up interactions when you understand how someone views you and looks at you, and you think to yourself, "Oh my god...thats not who I am?". Then you investigate inward and realize that its not them...its what you present.

Its often in life, I think, that we imagine ourselves to be someone and do not always present ourselves that way. Is it because we are trying to adapt to the other person? Is it because we become so set and comfortable in our ways that the change we know we take as a person is only mental?

Ive lived most of my life in the past 3 years in fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of being hurt. Fear of, I guess, understanding who I am.

As I return from vacation, I look forward, not only to a fantastic summer with my brothers and niece and nephew, but also a summer to settle into myself, and sculpt myself spiritually and socially.

PS - To my fellow bloggers, I also have a lot of blog reading to catch up on.

4 comments:

Cocaine Princess said...

That's what I love about coming off from a vacation, you discover new things about yourself you never knew before.

I'm happy you had a marvelous time with your family. Time to start planning for your next trip!

ANG* said...

sounds like you are in a fabulous place. cant wait to hear about your trip and watch (okay read) you 'settle into yourself' as you so eloquently put it :)

Steven said...

I'm glad your back. I'm glad to see you are doing well and that you are ok. :)

The Constant Complainer said...

I am sooooooooooo glad that you're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back.