Thursday, December 4

Bad Date #3 Excuse Me Occifer

Websters Dictionary defines the police as:
1: archaic: GOVERN
2: to control, regulate, or keep in order by use of police
3: to make clean and put in order
4 a: to supervise the operation, execution, or administration of to prevent or detect and prosecute violations of rules and regulations b: to exercise such supervision over the policies and activities of
5: to perform the functions of a police force in or over

Bad Date #3 A COP

Now we all know that there is such thing as a “Good Cop” and a “Bad Cop”. I share this story with you with much emotional vested interest as my father has been in the law enforcement industry for over 30 years.

“Bad Cops” take advantage of their power and abuse it.
“Good Cops” see their role as an opportunity to contribute to the great good of a society.

The role of a police office is to “Serve and Protect” and what better way than to take an unfortunate situation, and give someone an opportunity and challenge them to improve themselves. Its a psychological approach to get through to someone who has given up on themselves and it requires time and patience. Innately, no one is evil. Going through life with the ability to not become jaded by ones experiences is hard enough. Imagine if you were exposed to that daily.

I never really understood my father’s stern demeanor or constant persistance in challenging me to shoot for the stars. As I grew up, I learned that was because he only wanted what was best for me. The thought of me becoming what he saw daily was enough motivation to push push push me to be my ultimate self.

My dad is a “Good Cop”…no, a “Great Cop”. He has shared with me stories about indivuals that he has helped along the way.

There is one story in particular about a adolescent boy who became heavily involved in drugs. My dad and the boy’s father worked in collaboration to help him. He called my father two weeks ago to share with him that he had completed college and was starting a career.

Bad Date #3 was a lunch date with a “Bad Cop”. I was young, this date was 10 plus years ago (my gosh I hate to admit that), but it resonates in my life experiences because it helped me to better understand my father. The particulars of the date are not worth sharing in detail, because it is not funny nor something to be rehashed. I find it scary that those who have the power to make a positive impact choose to abuse it. My dates psychological approach to getting to know someone was controlling (surprise surprise) and his understanding of a womans role in a relationship was comparable to the driving leader of the Holocaust’s opinion of his opponenets (I dare not type or say his name). There is no life form, culture, religion, gender, etc. that is not to be considered equal.

He wowed me with a lunch date and suggested the minestrone soup because…ya know…as women age its hard to keep their figure.
Add to that he likes back massages and meals cooked by 6pm.

I am a fan of Russian Vodka, but not Russian brides. I do hope that when Bad Date #3 realizes that his only route of finding a woman who will serve him like that without providing anything in return is through a bride service…And I hope that when that woman is caught, she meets a “Great Cop” who can help her find her way.

No comments: